Friday, December 12, 2008

Tis the season to..

Get laid off. My husband just lost his job for the 2nd time. While Grace was in the hospital he was fired. How can you do that to a man who has a baby in the NICU? WHY? Now that she had died he gets fired again? OMG I know times are slow but come on!! My family is in a huge stir of drama. It feels like we are in the eye of a tornado and it is just picking up people in it's path. My father is in the military but is getting ready to be shipped back to Iran. Well he is in the hospital now because when he flew back to the states he was sick and saw a "friend" that is a doctor. Told him it was just bronchitis and go home and rest. Well guess what? It was not bronchitis, it is pneumonia. Now his is in the hospital. And is leaving next week. If they have not released him, he says he is leaving anyways! I know many of my readers know I am of middle eastern decent and with that said my father is stubborn as a rock! Oh my goodness!
So my cousin had a baby girl about a month or so ago. Dad tells me "You did hear bout the baby right?" Um No dad well i guess the baby is missing something between the appendix and the liver? And I am not sure. She is going to need a liver transplant! I think that rest was either unimportant or I blocked it out! I will find out for sure and get back to you on here! I am just ready to step off this swinging nightmare!

As a grieving parent do you notice they either avoid you completely or think you are the sounding board for all baby issues that end bad? I don't want to be either! I seriously hate the holiday's! :(

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so sorry about your husbands job, people are just heartless, I think its because they don't understand...unless they too have had a baby in the nicu I dont think they could possibly understand the importance or stress of what it's like. Hang in there...I'm with ya on hating the holidays...we just got to make it through the next few weeks...they're almost over.

Jannie Funster said...

Sounds like it all sucks, pretty-much, for the moment anyway.