Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Humor

Hi,

I'm not much of a cook but this really helps make baking a turkey easy.

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing -- imagine that.

When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.*

Give this a try.

*15 lb. turkey
*1 cup melted butter
*1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good.)
*1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)
*Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.

Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's a$$ blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room, it's done.

And, you thought I didn't cook...

(oh please don't try the recipe. but if you do, let us know what really happens!)



**********************************************************************************

Last year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the store.

When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!"

At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry. It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

Yep..................SHE'S BLONDE!

1 comment:

-clevergirl said...

First things first: BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! I have to say reading that story made me laugh to hard! I am going to remember that "pregnant turkey" trick! Sorry this reply is late, the last few days have been a blur of crying, drinking, and crying some more so I haven't felt much like writing. My husband took the top picture and the bottom picture in my picture post, and I took the one in the middle. Your so sweet, I like that new picture of me too but I made it so you can't really make out my features that much because I wanted to remain semi-anonymous. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!